Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Modeling

Since i last made an entry, i have ventured into the world of Modeling. There are no catwalks involved in this modeling though and I’m not too sexy for my shirt. I keep my shirt on for this type of modeling.
I have finally found a hobby that i am quite interested in and keeps me entertained for hours on end. It started with scratch building a small house from ice cream sticks. As i write this, i now have the original house and 4 other buildings i have built from scratch and a mountain side.

What i like most about this type of modeling is the ability to do what i want. I can take a photograph or an image in my head and turn it into my own little world. I can make it as detailed or give it as little detail. In my world though, i like to give it as much detail as possible.

Doing research on modeling i have seen that i have a lot to learn in this hobby of mine. There are some very skilled craftsmen out there and i would love to get to half of there skills. As for me right now, i will keep plugging away and learning as much as i can. Only today did i learn a good use for my used coffee grounds that i just throw away. I can use the old coffee grounds as dark earth for my landscapes if prepared correctly. Perfect. Cheap earth! You will find that advice here.

No comments:

Post a Comment