Friday, May 6, 2011

Back at home

It’s amazing how life changes but still things stay the same. Having arrived home after being away for just little over a year, i entered my bedroom for which i spent a great part of my life of the last four years. It was strange how over the last year, i have changed, life has changed and yet walking back into that room brings with it a feeling that nothing has changed. It was still the same room. I have changed in ways that i would never have imagined. I have matured in many ways, becoming who i am right now. I now hold more independence then i ever have before, working at a job that i like doing, living in a house that i like and must keep operational. These things in my life have changed me for the better, yet the basics of my life haven’t changed.

My family still lives here and that hasn’t changed. Dad is still his usual loving, overly-caring self, as is Mum. Being back home reminds me how much i love them and that i did truly miss them over the year but this is my life, i also love my life and wouldn’t have changed anything over the last year. 
My Bike sat in the corner of my room, looking lovely in its blue shiny paint. This bike is one of my prized possessions, the only new bike i have ever owned that Santa hasn’t brought me. I remember that bike and when i looked at that bike, it brought back the joy of the first day i bought it and my first ride on it and how much i love a good bike ride. That hasn’t changed. Not one bit. Hopefully the bike arrives safely in Canada with me and there can be plenty more lovely bike rides to be had with me and my blue Avanti Stallion.
Life has changed dramatically for me in the last year. I’ve gone from feeling that my future looked solemn and useless to now feeling that i could live this life forever. I have a girlfriend that i love dearly and a cat that adores me and i adore him, occasionally. I have job that i like doing, that provides me with some financial security and the simple luxuries of my life. I also live in a house that i feel happy to call home, where i can get lost in the mountains, where no one knows my name, where i can be myself , yet i’m so close to the city and lake that i can make my life as busy as much as i want.

Livestrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment