Saturday, November 5, 2011

Vintage 2011

So the last month has flown by. In Late September i changed from the Warehouse to the Cellar at Sumac Ridge to Crush grapes for Vintage 2011. I have learnt a lot in the time i've worked in the Cellar. Today is my final day with Monday seeing me back in the warehouse. I am kind of looking forward to it as the warehouse is a lot warmer and my feet and hands should hopefully stay a lot drier.
In the month, i only made one big mistake which was not to hold onto a hose as i was gravity feeding a tank. As the wine flowed through the hose, the weight of the wine threw the hose out of the empty wine tank sending wine into the air and me shaking my head.
When i started Crush, i expected it to be fairly busy but in the end it was fairly slow with Grapes not being entirely ready for picking with such a late summer.

Weather
Normal Daytime high for this time of year : 8.8c
Temperature Right Now (6.54am) : -5c
Forecast Daytime Temp (5th Nov 2011) : 6c

You may find my weather updates annoying but i love reading my older posts from 1 or 2 years ago to see what the weather was doing. Stories like the Oregon trip with Snow and Death Stories are always great Memories.
I have already prepared my car for winter with the Winter tires going on last night.

1 comment:

  1. you have snow stories.. and death stories.. obviously NOT death stories..because you are still alive.. so then they must be close-call stories.. or are you just making this all up?

    ReplyDelete