Saturday, September 10, 2011

Where Am I?

The Weather was nice when we left early this Morning. 18 Degrees and Sunny at 8 am in the morning for a day that was going to be in the low 30's. I wore my new Asics Running shoes this day knowing that i was going to be spending my day for the majority of it, on my feet. I doubt my feet would have felt so comfortable wearing my old green Crocs that are getting close to nearly two years old.
From Penticton to our Destination was approximately a Two Hour Drive, North, South, East or West I can't tell you but the Drive along a lake is always nice on a Sunny Clear Day. Arriving at our Destination without a Tim Hortons Coffee in my hand and before the event had really started, we (5 of Us) sat down for a bite to eat before the fun began.
I have never been to this event before and i was actually expecting it to be a bit bigger then i had thought having come from Australia and knowing what type of events they have. This was kind of small in Comparison. None the less, we (The 5 of us) had a good time at this event that lots of men, women, children and animals enjoyed.

Have you guessed where I am yet?

If you guessed the Zoo, you would be wrong but you would be close. The Armstrong IPE (Interior Provincial Exhibition) is similar to a zoo with Farm Animals and Kids running around all goofed up on sugar from the fair rides. The start of the day at the IPE began with the Lumbar Jack Show, where some of BC's top Lumber jacks showcased there wood chopping abilities. 

One of my favorite parts of the day was the Trails Bike Riders who performed some amazing bike Tricks on there wooden frame work setup. The two blokes who performed had some incredible balance as they jumped and skipped there bikes over obstacles while keeping the crowd entertained with there idle chit chat.

I wasn't very impressed by the size of the tractors here. From what i had heard, they were supposed to be huge but they were nothing more then hobby farm tractors. Maybe the Global Economy has had something to do with the size of the rigs here in Canada.I was however impressed by the number of wasps a Lady Lemonade Stall Holder could endure while serving Lemonade to the masses. I am sure that if i was working that stall i would have been stung numerous times and cursing and swearing as the Operators of the IPE sent security to shut me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment