Friday, December 30, 2011

2012

So over the last few days, i have been working on the plan of attack for the new year. I think i am ready to get faster and faster. This is the first time i have ever sat down to work out a annual training plan and i have come to realise that my training has been fairly lacking. Consistency is my big issue with not enough consistent hard work to build up my fitness.

Since April of 2011 when i first decided to start up my fitness again after having Hernia Surgery in December 2010, i have recorded approximately 1600-1800 kilometres running, walking and cycling which works out to be around 130 hours of training time. This is just a rough estimate as i switched tracking programs and do not have an exact record. This is definitely a good start and a good building block for the new year.

For this year, i figured that with discipline and hard work, i could get close to 400 hours. I won't be disappointed if i don't hit my target because i know this is a fair amount of work each week to get my goal but i think its a target thats well within reach if i put my head down.
I have also set myself some other goals this year which are,
  • Average 30 km/h over a 40km distance by the end of year
  • To Complete a Century (160 km, 6-7 hours)
  • To cover 5000 km in the year (100 km a week)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your plans for 2012, Aaron! And hey, if you are looking for a place to keep track of your workouts, here are a few ideas.

    http://bikejournal.com (cycling only, free)

    http://beginnertriathlete.com (good stats, free)

    http://dailymile.com (training log + social media - more for connecting wit and encouraging other other athletes.)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the well wishes. I'll have a look at those websites.

    ReplyDelete