Monday, February 13, 2012

28 Take to Beach Ave. for February ‘Freeze Up’

My first race for 2012 was the February Freezeup 5km run in Peachland on the 12th of February. There were not many competitors in this race with about 6-8 runners. Overall i was fairly happy with my run, with my pacing being fairly good throughout the whole race. My pace was fairly strong throughout and i don't think i could have gone much faster without blowing myself up. According to the timekeepers, my time was 24 minutes 30 which is the target i was aiming for. Before the run, my target goal pace was to beat 25 minutes. I finished 4th overall. The fastest guy on the day finished in 19 minutes and a handful of seconds.

My next race will be the Penticton Lakeside Resort 5km fun run on March 4th. My goal time for this run will be 23 minutes but that may change over the next month of training. My overall goal is under 20 minutes for 5km then it will be time to move onto 10 km training. I think that the next race shall be a little tougher competitive wise but that might be a good thing as i will have a few more runners dragging me along the rode. The good thing about the run next month is that it is almost the same route i train on everyday and it will feel like just another training run and that i will feel confident in knowing where i can pick the pace up a little and where i should take it a bit easier.

Here you can see a photo of the start of the race on the Peachland News. I am there in the photo, number 182.
http://peachlandnews.com/blog/2012/02/12/28-take-to-beach-ave-for-february-freeze-up/

No comments:

Post a Comment