Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What Happens Next

So I was unable to get an entry into the Granfondo in July here in Penticton, I could still enter but i am not that interested in paying $200 for something that i could do for free, so at the moment, that looks like it is on the backburner. I will still aim to ride 160 km that day like i had planned, just not in a big bunch like that at the Granfondo.

The next two months are the most important of the year for me, they are the lead up to my summer in Canada. They can either make or break my year. These two months are very important as they are Base Phase 2 and 3 which is all about building my aerobic endurance for me to be able to ride longer and faster at the same intensity. I am really hoping to improve on my Base Phase 1 which i only trained 16 hours out of the planned 34 hours which is less then half of the required training time.

I have two weeks left before i leave for Australia, where the weather is warmer at this time of year. I will hopefully have a bike that i can train on while there which will be great. If i am unable to find a job while there for the 5 weeks, i will have nothing but time to just ride and enjoy the warmth (well warmer then here, it's currently snowing here in Penticton). I arrive in Australia right in the middle of my biggest week in Base Phase 2 in which i require 11 hours of training time, this could put a dent in my training. I figure that i will be out of commission for at least 3 or 4 days (I lose one day in the time zone change, one day for travel and probably one or two days to get use to time zone change). My arrival back to Canada is right in the middle of a rest week which is perfect timing, i only need 5 and a half hours that week.

Well stay tuned, hopefully in two months time you'll be reading about how well my time was spent in Australia and that i am fitter then i have ever been. That's what this is all about, to make sure my health is improved due to my high blood pressure condition and to give 110% to see how far i can push my body to be the best athlete i can be.

2012 is going to be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment