Friday, April 24, 2009

Day of Rememberance


(The View Out My Window)

I write this as i am sitting here riding my bike, looking out my window. I'm on my bike because I've had the idea to get back to exercising and getting back up to my fittest again.
So here i am pumping my legs as I'm looking at the trees blowing in the breeze, the wet shiny roads. Being Autumn, i see the yellow of the tree leaves. I see the green grass that needs to be mowed after being dead for the last few months, i can't remember the last time i saw grass in our front lawn. It's amazing what a little bit of winter dew and one day of rain will do.
Even though winter looms, i still get excited about this time of year. All the colours of the trees, the green grass, the possibility of rain, the possibility to finally one day replenish our lakes and water storage.
Today, i'm thankful that i even get to write this, as i'm free to sit here and ride my bike. If i had been born 115 years ago, who knows, i may have been one of thos that lost there lives on the beaches of Gallipoli on April 25, 1915.

1 comment:

  1. I like.. very insightful.. not just remembering..but.. seeing the beauty in all things around you..

    ReplyDelete